5 months at UCA

Five Months at UCA passed too fast. I arrived one day in April (I think it was the 23th of April when I arrived) I stayed in Birmingham for nearly 5 months, and then moved to Cheltenham, and then to Bishop's Cleeve just for a month before I returned to Peru.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, London, United Kingdom

Friday, October 28, 2005

Good bye UCA


The time arrived when I needed to move from UCA, Birmingham to Pittville, Cheltenham, GLOS. I don't know how to describe my feelings, coz I knew I was going to leave that place one day... But I didn't realize that I was going to move for ever.. UCA was like a home for me. I met wonderful people there. People from all around the world, like: Finland, Russia, Colombia, Burma, China, Germany, Kenia, Ghana, Australia, Canada, Fiji, Philippines, Korea, India, Chile, Japan, etc... Friends who where so good to me.

Well.. That day arrived... I was expecting to meet a "gentelman" from Bishop's Cleeve. That was the nick name I had for the person who was going to pick me up from UCA and take me in his car to Cheltenham. Who was that person?... I didn' know until I meet him.

Everything was so fast. I needed to take all my things out from my room NÂș 14. That day was a meeting with all the scholarship holders of the Methodist Church, so UCA was quite busy. My friends where attending that meeting. Some of my friends wheren't there, because they left UCA before me and returned to their country.... some of them where moved to another place in England too. My best friend of Myanmar, MYO... cried. When I said goodbye to him, he cried and huged me. Myo, an excellent brother to me...

The "Gentelman" arrived. Jenny and Ruth Padley called me and said "Heidy, a tall gentelman has arrived in his car. .. Please hurry up, he's waiting for you at the lounge". So with some friends at the front door with all my luggage there.. I ran through the corridor and gave a big hello to this man. I remember I raised my hands and said: Hi!!!. -He was quite surprise.. I think he wasn't expecting me to run like that just to meet him. It seems I was happy to meet him... and I was indeed.

I don't remember if someone mentioned his name...
Jerry Barr, nice to meet you (he said)
Heidy Hollemweguer... nice to meet you too.

Since then... Jerry and his wife
(Sue) where looking after me as if I where their daughter.
And I felt like
that. They where like my parents to me.
They are such
a wonderful people to me.

I really thanks God, to gave me the opportunity to meet them in England. Hope to see them in Peru one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home